FarmCornwall & The Prince’s Farm Resilience Programme, for Mid Cornwall.
As a rough guide 20 miles radius of St Austell.
FarmCornwall is partnering with The Prince’s Countryside Fund to deliver The Prince’s Farm Resilience Programme in Mid Cornwall. The aim of the programme is to support family farm businesses to improve their confidence, efficiency, and resilience. An added bonus of the programme is that it brings together like minded small to medium sized family farm enterprises in local networks, to help them review their current activity and identify opportunities and improvements that can be made on-farm to build resilience, and to help sustain a diverse farming sector in the UK.
The Programme structure comprises of a series of 5 group workshops, from November to March, plus a further 2 the following September, October on Succession, Benchmarking or Nutrition. There is no charge to the farmer
- Benchmarking – initially someone will visit you and go through details of your farm and gather data. That data will only be shared with the consultant and NO ONE ELSE. There will then be one workshop on benchmarking where your information will simply be referred to as a number. Consultancy used ANDERSONS
- Cost Control and cost idendification. KITE CONSULTANCY
- Understanding Accounts. PROMAR CONSULTANCY
- Business Management- Where am I going and what do I want out of this business. SAVILLS
- Diversification – FARM FUTURES CONSULTANCY.
If at any time you wish to discuss something personally with a consultant you can do so Free of Charge
FarmCornwall previously assisted in the delivery of the 1st Year of the Programme which was run in the Launceston area and the 2nd year based around the Penzance area. The programme is being rolled out across the whole country, this year in 2018/19 in MID CORNWALL